Friday, January 1, 2016

Ringing in the new year...2016!

New Year's Eve was pretty low key for us. As per our tradition, we ordered sushi and waited for the ball to drop at midnight... then immediately fell asleep! When I woke up this morning, I felt the proverbial need for change, to begin the year on the right foot, for epicness. We decided to head into the city for a photoshoot. I was recently told that I need to do things that make me happy. One of things that makes me happiest is photography. So we got ready, I grabbed my camera and we were off!

I have been to the city so many times, but I usually head to the Strand and St. Mark's. I knew I wanted some good nature shots so this time we went to Central Park. We entered on 72nd St. West where Strawberry Fields is and began wandering our way through.

Someone was even playing "Strawberry Field Forever"!
I wasn't very impressed since I've been to the original Strawberry Fields in Liverpool, England, but nonetheless it was nice to see. 

Strawberry Field, Liverpool, England

As we wandered we found quite a few places to stop and shoot some pics. We passed by the Boathouse, meandered through the Ramble, up to Belvedere Castle, past the Delecorte Theater, through the Green, around half of the Reservoir, and over to the Guggenheim and Cooper Hewitt museums. Then we walked past all the bourgie Park Avenue apartments with doormen.

I still have a lot of work to do before many of them are ready for printing and selling. I hope to find an art show soon to set up shop and sell some of my prints. For now, the outing in the city was a great way to get back into my hobby. I would say that this has been the best new year's celebration I've had. Walking 40+ blocks and discovering new sites in Central Park. But spending time with my love tops it all. 

Near Belvedere Castle

Shakespeare Garden

Shakespeare Garden

Central Park Reservoir
Sorry but the rest won't be posted... You'll have to find a show to view and buy! [Or just contact me :)]


2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I took many others but those don't go on the internet... I keep those for sale. ;)

    ReplyDelete