Monday, December 28, 2015

Pre-New Year's Resolutions

I don't care for New Year's resolutions because they never stick. If I start doing something before January 1, I can consider it a lifestyle change instead of a resolution. Yesterday I signed back up for Weight Watchers and have been trying to navigate their new site since. The concept of points is still the same but it seems like they allot more points now (individual food items probably have higher points now too) and they have more of a push on being active so they have you answer some questions about your exercise habits and give you fitness goals.

Today, we made smoothies for breakfast (almond milk and a banana) and I went to the gym. I did 20 minutes on the treadmill, 5 minutes on the stairs (I couldn't do anymore) and 25 minutes on the bike. I figured I'd start with cardio and when I feel more comfortable I'll move over to the arm and leg machines as well as the free weights. I had a yogurt mid-morning and soup for lunch. Dinner was mustard glazed chicken with acorn squash and a salad. I'm stuffed!

I have to say, when I focus more on what I am eating, I eat quite a bit. But since I measure everything and track it, I know I can be successful even while feeling stuffed. I also realize that I don't feel comfortable after eating so much meat. For example, I ate 6 oz. of chicken and I feel disgusting. If I only ate 3 oz. I would have been fine and could have filled up on more squash. I have to keep these things in mind as I go forward. I think I will be more satisfied eating less meat overall. I know I couldn't give up meat entirely. I enjoy meat, but I have noticed a change in my taste buds and I do appreciate vegetables more now than ever before. I think this is also because I have been cooking different types of vegetables and trying new recipes, as opposed to the ones I grew up eating.

I would say it was a successful first day of tracking and working out. Here's to anti-resolutions!

No comments:

Post a Comment